Graham Dawson & Co have recovered compensation for the partners and other family members of people who have been killed as a result of an accident which was not their fault. We have
dealt with fatal accident claims arising out of road traffic accidents and accidents at work and we have recovered compensation for:-
- Funeral expenses.
- Travelling and medical expenses.
- Bereavement awards for the partner or family member of the deceased.
- Compensation for pain and suffering suffered by the deceased prior to death.
- A dependency claim for anyone who was dependent on the deceased for services or financial support to include a lump sum to compensate for the loss of projected earnings of the deceased.
The following category of claimants can pursue a fatal accident compensation claim:-
- A husband/wife or former spouse of the deceased.
- A person who was co-habiting with the deceased for a period of at least 2 years prior to the death of the deceased or someone whom the deceased maintained prior to death.
- A civil partner or former civil partner of the deceased.
- A child or dependent of the deceased.
- A parent of the deceased.
- A person who the deceased treated as a child.
A fatal accident compensation claim should be brought within 3 years of the
date of death of the deceased by the executor of the deceased, where the deceased left a will or the administrator of the deceased’s estate, where the deceased died without leaving a will